[Center Name] provides information on the abortion pill and the typical abortion pill costs in [City, State]. We offer free pregnancy and sexual health services to help when facing an unplanned pregnancy.
Abortion Pill Information
Medication abortion (also called the abortion pill, MifeprexTm) is FDA approved for up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant) after the start of your last menstrual period.
- The “pill” is actually a protocol that involves taking two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol, which are taken in two separate doses on different days.
- It is not available through a pharmacy, but is only available by an authorized provider.
- The FDA strongly cautions against the use of mifepristone obtained over the Internet.3
- Because of complications, the FDA keeps close track.4
- The abortion pill is not the same as the emergency contraception.
- For women who change their minds after taking just the mifepristone, it may be possible to rescue the pregnancy. For more information, see: The Abortion Pill Reversal.
Make an appointment today to learn more about how it works, potential risks and complications.
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). “Mifeprex Medication Guide.” U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/mifeprex-mifepristone-information
2. Viability is generally considered about 24 weeks from a woman’s LMP. See https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/overview-abortion-laws
UNPLANNED PREGNANCY CONFIRMATION
To help you confirm your pregnancy, we offer free pregnancy tests in [City, State]. A positive pregnancy test (including those taken at home) suggests a high probability that you're pregnant. However, the result should be confirmed.
If your test is positive, our staff will determine next steps, such as an ultrasound exam, and the best time to schedule that procedure.
If you are considering abortion, an ultrasound will provide important information that will tell you more about your options. Abortion costs in [State] vary depending on how far along you are and the abortion procedure that you receive.
This can answer three major questions:
- Is the pregnancy in the uterus?
- How far along are you?
- Is there a fetal heartbeat?
This information is critical regardless of what options you may be considering. Speak with our staff today. Schedule a confidential appointment – at no cost to you.
The content on this page has been reviewed and approved by our Medical Director.